Sunday, June 24, 2007

random party in the Congo

Here is a little something that you can view while I formulate the second half of the post that I last put up. A wee background on the video: Sometimes going to a party/gathering is a bit intimidating because the guests of the group are always expected to either give a speech, doing a special talent (e.g. sing, dance, or in my case---you'll see), or just anything to get a laugh. I still remember the first time that I showed up to one of these things and then people started looking at me as if it was my turn to do something. Me not knowing that I had to be a preforming monkey for the onlookers, gave a blank stare back at them until I was informed that I MUST do something, anything. This particular time, power was out (big surprise) but the party was being ran on a generator. They had a PA system and I know that the Congolese love to rap...what best thing to do to get the group amp'd than throw down a fatty beat and have some Congolese rap--in french. Yes yes, it was a hit...here is a bit of it




Cheers,
Scott